Sri Chinmoy Yarra Trail Half Marathon, 14km & 7km Run
A scenic, flat to undulating 7km loop course along the Yarra River
About the event
The race is staged from Loys Paddock Reserve in Burnley. The race starts and finishes at the staging venue on the Main Yarra Trail (Melway Ref 58H1).
The event is conducted on a scenic 7km circuit along the northern and recently refurbished southern banks of the Yarra River through Burnley and South Yarra, with our full runner services. You have a sense of running in the heart of the city while the river glides gently past you on both banks.
Access to Loys Paddock is via the bridge over the Monash Freeway at Gibdon Street and the Yarra Trail access road at the start of the CityLink on-ramp.
Please do not attempt to drive into the venue; all parking is in the adjacent streets of Burnley — see parking notes.
The 7km distance is for runners and walkers; the half marathon and 14km distances are for runners only.
- Online: $40
- On the day: $45 ($35 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St Johns Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Parking is available in the streets in and around Burnley. It is a quick 2-minute walk across from Barkly Avenue to the venue.
Public transport access is also very good: Burnley Station and the trams running along Swan Street are very close to the venue.
There is also plenty of secure bike parking at the venue if you wish to cycle to the race.
This is a new event on our race calendar
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre-registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm on the Friday two days before the race
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- CASH ONLY ON THE DAY
- Credit Card payments cannot be taken on race day
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students. Concessions for students over the age of 16 only available on race day.
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
Age 15-17 years
Age 18-39 years
Age 40-49 years
Age 50-59 years
Age 60-69 years
Age 70-79 years
Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events