Sri Chinmoy Yarra Trail: Half Marathon, 14km & 7km Run
A scenic, flat to undulating 7km loop course along the Yarra River
About the event
The race is staged from Loys Paddock Reserve in Burnley. The race starts and finishes at the staging venue on the Main Yarra Trail (Melway Ref 58H1).
The event is conducted on a scenic 7km circuit along the northern and recently refurbished southern banks of the Yarra River through Burnley and South Yarra, with our full runner services. You have a sense of running in the heart of the city while the river glides gently past you on both banks.
Access to Loys Paddock is via the bridge over the Monash Freeway at Gibdon Street and the Yarra Trail access road at the start of the CityLink on-ramp.
Please do not attempt to drive into the venue; all parking is in the adjacent streets of Burnley — see parking notes.
The 7km distance is for runners and walkers; the half marathon and 14km distances are for runners only.
- Early Bird: $40
- Standard: $45
- Last Minute: $55
- View course map »
- Chip timing with live online results
- Accurate AA measured traffic-free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- First aid services are provided by St Johns Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Parking is available in the streets in and around Burnley. It is a quick 2-minute walk across from Barkly Avenue to the venue.
Public transport access is also very good: Burnley Station and the trams running along Swan Street are very close to the venue.
There is also plenty of secure bike parking at the venue if you wish to cycle to the race.
How to Enter
- Race numbers are picked up on race morning from 7am at the venue
- Cash and credit cards are NOT accepted for on-the-day entries; online registration remains open until 15 minutes before the start of each event
- A 10% concession discount is automatically applied for ages U19 and 60+
- Early Bird pricing is available up until 2 months before race day
- Standard pricing is available until 1 week before race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
Age 15-17 years
Age 18-39 years
Age 40-49 years
Age 50-59 years
Age 60-69 years
Age 70-79 years
Age 80+ years
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...