Sri Chinmoy Maribyrnong River Run 12km, 8km & 4km
12km, 8km & 4km along the Maribyrnong River on a 4km river path circuit
About the event
All races start from Riverside Park, The Boulevard, Moonee Ponds (Melway Ref 28B7) at 8.00am.
The event is conducted along the rejuvenated Maribyrnong River on a 4km river path circuit, with full runner services.
The 4km, 8km and 12km races complete 1, 2 or 3 laps of the course respectively.
Competitors are required to complete the course in 1 hour and 40 minutes.
A full course briefing will be conducted at 7.55am on race day.
- Online: $25
- On the day: $30 ($25 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by Paramedic Services
- Toilets are available at Riverside Park adjacent to the start / finish
Carparking is available along The Boulevard, Moonee Ponds (Melway Ref 28B7).
The Maribyrnong River course is a very recent addition to our race calendar and has quickly become a crowd favourite.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm Friday 17 October
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm Friday 17 October can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm Thursday 23 October
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students with a student card, only on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (5km & 10km events only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events