Sri Chinmoy Albert Park Half Marathon, 10km and 5km Run
Staged on a fast, flat 5km off-road circuit around Albert Park Lake
About the event
All races start from the Palms Lawn, adjacent to the Athletics Stadium and Aughtie Drive carpark, Albert Park.
The event is conducted on a scenic 5km closed trail circuit around Albert Park Lake, with full runner services.
The 5km, 10km and half marathon races complete 1, 2 or 4+ laps of the course respectively. The 1.1km add-on distance for the half marathon is completed during the 1st lap of the race.
A full course briefing will be conducted on the start line prior to the start on race day.
- Online: $40
- On the day: $45 ($35 conc.) CASH ONLY
- View course map »
- The event will feature chip timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St Johns Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Carparking is available in the carpark adjacent to Bob Jane Stadium off Aughtie Drive, (Melway Ref 2K F7).
Further parking is available in Albert Road Drive South.
Albert Park Lake was one of our much used courses up until about 10 years ago and was the previous location of our end-of-year Christmas run.
We have had many requests for inner city half marathons and this seemed like a logical choice, along with Como Landing, Princes Park and Yarra Boulevard, now giving four options at this popular distance.
How to Enter
- Race numbers are picked up on race morning from 7am at the venue
- Cash and credit cards are NOT accepted for on-the-day entries; online registration remains open until 15 minutes before the start of each event
- A 10% concession discount is automatically applied for ages U19 and 60+
- Early Bird pricing is available up until 2 months before race day
- Standard pricing is available until 1 week before race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...