Sri Chinmoy Como Landing Half Marathon, 14km & 7km Run
A scenic, flat to undulating loop course along the banks of the Yarra River
About the event
All races start from Como Landing, Corner Williams Rd & Alexandra Ave, South Yarra. (Melway Ref 58G1)
The event is conducted on a 7km circuit along the picturesque south and north banks of the Yarra River through South Yarra and Richmond, with full runner services. The 7km and 14km races complete 1 and 2 laps of the course respectively.
The start/finish is located on the grassy area adjacent to the Wesley College boathouse in Alexandra Parade at Como Landing.
A full course briefing will be conducted at 7.55am on race day.
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($30 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by Paramedic Services
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Carparking is available on Alexandra Ave and Williams Rd adjacent to the start/finish area at Melways Ref 58G1.
Como Landing has been a favoured venue for Sri Chinmoy Races since 1996.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm Friday 18 May
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm Friday 18 May can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm Friday 25 May
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students with a student card, only on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...