Sri Chinmoy Princes Park Winter Running Festival Marathon, 30km, Half Marathon, 10km & 5km
A smorgasbord of distances on our iconic Princes Park circuit
About the event
SPECIAL NOTE ON EARLY START REQUESTS
A number of runners have been requesting information on early starts for the 30km and marathon events. The early starts are for those who sincerely would not make the 12 noon cut-off and for no other reason. Please note that it is dark until 7.00am-ish so we will issue each early-start marathon runner a torch at the start. Please email us at [email protected] to request an early start.
Marathon early start: 5.30am
30km early start: 7.00am
The staging venue is Lawn 5, Royal Parade, Parkville and all races start from the asphalt running trail adjacent to the venue. (Melway Ref 29G11).
The event is conducted on our favourite flat, tree-lined, 5km circuit within Princes and Royal Park.
A 2.2km half-lap circuit has been added for the full marathon distance. The circuit has been measured by an AA certified course measurer for those looking for a qualifying time. This circuit is completed at the start of the race.
The marathon completes 8 laps plus the 2.2km half-lap circuit at the start to make up the full 42.2km distance.
The 5km, 10km, 20km and 30km races complete 1, 2 4 or 6 laps of the course respectively. The half marathon completes 4 laps plus a 1.1km add-on at the start to make up the full 21.1km distance.
A full course briefing will be conducted just before the race starts.
Time cut-off: Competitors have until 12 noon to complete the course.
- Online: $60
- On the day: $65 ($55 conc.)
- View course map »
- Online: $50
- On the day: $55 ($45 conc.)
- View course map »
- Online: $40
- On the day: $45 ($35 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St Johns Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Carparking is available along Royal Parade, Melway Ref 43G12, and in the side streets along the eastern side of Princes Park.
Princes Park has been a longtime favoured venue for Sri Chinmoy Races since the late 1970s always drawing a competitive field.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre-registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm on the Friday two days before the race
- CASH ONLY ON THE DAY
- Credit Card payments cannot be taken on race day
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students. Concessions for students over the age of 16 only available on race day.
On-the-Day Registration Times
Marathon: before 6.50am
30km: before 7.20am
Half Marathon: before 7.50am
10km & 5km: before 8.00am
Half Marathon: 8am
10km & 5km: 8.10am
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
All Marathon finishers will receive a finisher's medallion
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
We have had a number of requests for an optional early marathon start. The early start is 5.30am. If you are an early starter, you will need to do three things:
1.Register online as we don’t have an on-the-day entry facility for the early marathon starters
2.Notify us by email at [email protected] that your are intending to be an early starter
3.Report in at the start line at 5.25am
We have also had a couple of requests for an early start to the 30km and can accommodate a 7am early start for this race, only for those who feel they need the extra time.
We have moved the main race start time to 7.30am to give everyone a little extra time. If you are starting early please note the following:
1.Register online or on the day before 6.40am
2.Notify us by email at [email protected] that you are an early starter
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events