Sri Chinmoy Yarra Boulevard Half Marathon, 10km & 5km
A fast, flat on-road and traffic-free half-marathon, 10km & 5km
About the event
The half marathon starts at 8.00am and the 10km and 5km start at 8.10am from Kevin Bartlett Reserve, Yarra Boulevard, Richmond. (Melway Ref 45B12)
The event is conducted on a scenic 5km closed road circuit along Yarra Boulevard, Richmond, following the gentle curves of the Yarra River.
The 5km and 10km races complete 1 or 2 laps of the course respectively. The 21.1km runners will complete a short add-on 1.1km loop at the start before completing 4 laps.
Competitors will have 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete the course.
A full course briefing will be conducted at 7.55am just prior to the race start.
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($30 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by Paramedic Services
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area at Kevin Bartlett Reserve
Parking is available at Kevin Bartlett Reserve off Yarra Boulevard, (Melways Ref 45B12). No cars are permitted to park on Yarra Boulevard in order to keep the road free for runners.
Early finishers can exit via Swan Street.
Please note that Yarra Boulevard will be closed to all traffic from 7.45AM to ensure a safe, on-time race start.
Yarra Boulevard has been a longtime favoured venue for Sri Chinmoy Races since the late 1970s.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm Friday 14 September
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm Friday 14 September can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm Friday 21 September
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students with a student card, only on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...