Sri Chinmoy Cherry Lake Christmas Run 10.5km, 7km & 3.5km
A beautifully scenic and flat course around the wetlands of Cherry Lake
About the event
The Cherry Lake 10.5km, 7km and 3.5km run is our annual end-of-year run. The course is a wide, flat recreational path around the wetlands and Cherry Lake in Altona, a quiet, traffic-free nature hide-away just 10 minutes drive down the freeway from the city centre.
All races start from Cherry Lake Recreation Trail, Millers Road, Altona at 8.00am.
The event is conducted along a flat 3.5km loop course with full runner services. The 3.5km, 7.0km and 10.5km races complete 1, 2 or 3 laps of the course.
The start/finish venue is located adjacent to the Fresno Street Carpark, off Civic Parade.
A full course briefing will be conducted at 7.55am on race day.
- Online: $25
- On the day: $30 ($25 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St John Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Carparking is available in the Fresno St carpark, Sugargum Drive carpark and Stirling Ave carpark (reserve side). Refer to the course map for locations marked "P".
Take the Westgate Freeway to the Millers Road - Altona exit. Travel along Millers Road for approx. 2.5km
Cherry Lake is a relatively new addition to our race calendar with the first race being held there in 2013.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre-registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm on the Friday two days before the race
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students. Concessions for students over the age of 16 only available on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (5km & 10km events only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events