Sri Chinmoy Barwon River Run 18km, 12km & 6km
An undulating, traffic-free tree-lined 6km loop-course along the picturesque Barwon River
About the event
All races start from King Lloyd Recreation Reserve, Windsor Rd, Newtown, Geelong, (Melways Ref 451E8) at 9.00am on Sunday 30 March.
The event is conducted along an undulating, traffic-free tree-lined 6km loop-course along the picturesque Barwon River, with full runner services.
The 6km, 12km & 18km runs complete 1, 2 or 3 laps of the 6km loop course.
Competitors will have 2.5 hours to complete the course.
A full course briefing will be conducted at 8.55am on race day.
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($30 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by Paramedic Services
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area at King Lloyd Recreation Reserve
Carparking is available at King Lloyd Recreation Reserve, Windsor Rd, Newtown, Geelong, (Melway Ref 451E8).
There has been a rich history of Sri Chinmoy Races in the Geelong region dating back to the '80s and '90s with triathlons at Queenscliff and Eastern Beach, to the well known fruit-loops runs at Eastern Gardens in the late 80's to early '90s.
This year marks the 6th occasion that this event has been staged on the Barwon River.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm Friday 20 March
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm Friday 20 March can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm Thursday 26 March
- On the day entries accepted between 8am and 8:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students with a student card, only on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...