Sri Chinmoy Yarra Boulevard Run 15km, 10km & 5km
A fast, flat on-road 15km, 10km & 5km on the Yarra Boulevard
About the event
Race date is Sunday 21 February. All events start at 8.00am from Kevin Bartlett Reserve, Yarra Boulevard, Richmond. (Melway Ref 45B12)
The event is conducted on a 5km, traffic managed, closed road circuit along Yarra Boulevard, Richmond, following the river. The road is dead flat and the course is well-known for posting PBs.
The 5km, 10km and 15km races complete 1, 2 or 3 laps of the course respectively. A full course briefing will be conducted at 7.55am on race day.
Competitors have 2 hours 15 minutes to complete the course.
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($30 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by Paramedic Services
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area at Kevin Bartlett Reserve
Parking is available at Kevin Bartlett Reserve off Yarra Boulevard, (Melways Ref 45B12). No cars are permitted to park on Yarra Boulevard in order to keep the road free for runners.
Early finishers can exit via Swan Street.
Please note that Yarra Boulevard will be closed to all traffic from 7.45AM to ensure a safe, on-time race start.
Yarra Boulevard has been a longtime favoured venue for Sri Chinmoy Races since the late 1970s.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm Friday 12 February
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm Friday 12 February can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm Friday 19 February
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students with a student card, only on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (5km & 10km events only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 35 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...
Other Upcoming Events