Sri Chinmoy Williamstown Foreshore Run
15km, 10km and 5km run with amazing bay views -- online entry now open
About the event
PLEASE NOTE: NEW COURSE AND VENUE FOR 2019
A 5km loop course along the foreshore with spectacular views of the city skyline.
Race date is Sunday 31 March 2019. The race start is 8.00am for all three distances.
The venue is located in the Esplanade Public Park behind Cyril Curtain Reserve at the southern end of Battery Road. The event is conducted on a flat 5km loop along the Williamstown foreshore with 5km, 10km and 15km distances — 1, 2 and 3 laps of the course respectively.
A full course briefing will be given at 7.55am before the start on race morning.
The closest public transport is Williamstown railway station, allow a 5-minute walk to the venue.
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($30 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St Johns Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Parking is available in The Strand in the vicinity of the venue
We are staging this race following many requests for a Sri Chinmoy race on our old running festival course, which started back in 1995.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre-registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm on the Friday two days before the race
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students. Concessions for students over the age of 16 only available on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
- Age U15 (5km & 10km events only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...