Sri Chinmoy Princes Park 20km, 15Km, 10km & 5km Run
A favourite 5km loop course incorporating Princes and Royal Parks
About the event
Staging venue is Lawn 5, Princes Park, Royal Parade, Parkville. (Melway Ref 29G11)
The course is a 5km loop on hard packed gravel and asphalt around the perimeter of Princes Park and with an add-on loop under Royal Parade following the old inner circle railway down to the Zoo and return.
Four distances are available: 20km, 15km, 10km and 5km. All races start together at 8.00am with a race briefing at 7.55am.
- Online: $40
- On the day: $45 ($35 conc.)
- View course map »
- Online: $30
- On the day: $35 ($25 conc.)
- View course map »
- The event will feature Chip Timing. A disposable timing chip will come affixed to the back race of your race number. A $5 reissue fee is required for replacement of a race number
- Accurate AA measured traffic free course with markers every km
- Drink stations every 2.5km equipped with electrolyte and water
- Our famous post race pancake breakfast
- First aid services are provided by St John Ambulance
- Toilets are available at the start/finish area
Carparking is available along Royal Parade, Melway Ref 43G12, and in the side streets along the eastern side of Princes Park.
Princes Park has been a longtime favoured venue for Sri Chinmoy Races since the late 1970s always drawing a competitive field.
How to Enter
- Registration packs will be mailed out to all pre-registered competitors who enter by 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race
- Runners who enter after 4.00pm on the Friday nine days before the race can pick up their race number from the registration marquee on race morning from 7.00am
- Online entry closes at 4.00pm on the Friday two days before the race
- On the day entries accepted between 7am and 7:45am
- Concession rates are for U16 and 60+ entrants and full-time students. Concessions for students over the age of 16 only available on race day.
- Credit Card and cheque payments cannot be taken on race day
Winner medallions 1st, 2nd & 3rd overall male and female as well as medallions for the top 3 male & female competitors in the following age categories for each event:
- Age U15 (events up to and including 10km only)
- Age 15-17 years
- Age 18-39 years
- Age 40-49 years
- Age 50-59 years
- Age 60-69 years
- Age 70-79 years
- Age 80+ years
Results, photos and the race report will be posted online after the event. You can also have your results sent to you by SMS, on race day, for an additional $2 when you enter online.
All pre-entered competitors will receive an email with links to the results, photographs and race report in the week following the event.
About the Organisers
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team
Serving the athletic community for over 40 years...
Team Founder Sri Chinmoy
A lifelong advocate of fitness and self-transcendence...